Candy is Dandy but…
Having unfortunately inherited much of our genetic predispositions from a lineage whose DNA is still awaiting another Ice Age, we watch what we eat. Gum makes our jaws ache, hard sweets and jujubes just put money in our dentist’s Fiji fund, lollipops and candy canes give us a white sugar rush – not to say that we didn’t spend our allowance like every other kid at the penny candy counter but things have changed. Miss Z has made us more than conscious of what we stick in our mouths and so when we want to indulge it is good chocolate and every once in a very long while, a cupcake.
This week the Easter bunnies are edging the red satin hearts off the shelves in an attempt to get their share of the market but we are able to resist temptation as Furrylittlegnome has nominated Across the Bored for the Super Sweet Blogging Award! Who can resist that morsel of delight? An extra slice of something delicious goes out for her Sweet 100th Post – have a look at her blog for a little taste of travel, food and photography with a dash of humour in the mix.
As with most blogging awards, there are a few requirements for accepting:
1. Give credit to the person who has nominated you
2. Answer the 5 “Super Sweet” questions
3. Nominate a “Bakers Dozen” – 13 blogs
4. Grab the badge and indulge!
Across the Bored’s “Super Sweet” answers are…
1. Cookies or cake? It has to be one heck of a cookie and cake is for special occasions
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate, definitely – the darker the better
3. What is your favorite sweet treat – cheesecake or frozen yogurt? With an eastern-european mother-in-law we have eaten enough kinds of cheesecake to last 4 lifetimes – TCBY frozen yogurt with all the trimmings wins.
4. When do you crave sweet things the most? In the middle of particularly complex projects – it’s brain food
5. If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? Our Lady of Perpetual Truffles
Our Nominees for Baker’s Dozen (in no particular order) ready for your sampling:
Belle Grove Plantation Bed and Breakfast
A New Day
The Serenity Space
Now it’s off to find a tasty treat for tomorrow…