Fridays are usually when Across the Bored highlights art and artists but today is somewhat different in that Travel. Garden. Eat. has graciously presented us with the Liebster Award! Around the Cake by Wayne Thiebaud – one of the penultimate painters of common objects – is a sweet offering to express my gratitude to Kat and all those who read, comment, follow and inspire me with something new on a daily basis.
Someone once said that we form an opinion about the person from their actions – from what we see of them. Certainly true and often limiting in realworld situations, the multiverse of blogging gives total strangers an idea of who we want to be, who we think we are – from the words and images we present. By following the Rules for the Liebster Award (see farther below) we throw another wrench into the gears…
11 things very few people know about me:
- I had a creative alias as a teenager
- Much to my mother’s consternation, I once got off a bus in a rural town looking like Ziggy Stardust
- My step-father was an astrologer
- I am still waiting for that MG promised to me for my 16th birthday but that is not a problem because
- I fear I will turn into Mario Andretti if I learn how to drive standard
- I am convinced my ancestors coined the proverb “You can choose your friends but not your family”
- which may account for why I am able to trace my lineage on that side over 400 years to one of the first boats that landed in this part of the New World…
- I do not hesitate to straighten paintings in other people’s houses
- I keep the Christmas tree up for far longer than most people think is sane
- I hate IQ tests because I am always finding fault with the wording of the questions
- I still don’t know everything my iphone does
11 answers to 11 Kat questions:
- A place you have never traveled to that is on your travel bucket list?
Australia – lovely blogs have convinced me to overcome any arachnid-related doubts…
- Book you are currently reading?
The owner’s manual to my camera.
- Have you ever bungee-jumped?
No, and I never will.
- Morning bird or night owl?
Both, it depends on whether the Professor is home.
- How long have you been blogging?
Since August 12, 2012.
- Which movie can you watch again and again?
Priscilla Queen of the Desert.
- One of your favorite quotes?
“With the arrogance of youth, I determined to do no less than to transform the world with Beauty. If I have succeeded in some small way, if only in one small corner of the world, amongst the men and women I love, then I shall count myself blessed, and blessed, and blessed, and the work goes on.”
– William Morris, The Well At The World’s End: Volume I
- Your favorite recipe (in full or via link)?
Can’t say I have a favourite but this one is pure comfort food – Gourmet Magazine’s Macaroni and Cheese – best quality bread, cheese and pasta make all the difference…
- Pet peeve?
Where do I begin… people who hang up the telephone without saying goodbye.
- If you could invite anyone to join you for dinner — fictional or real, from the past or the present — who would you invite?
- Your favorite blog post — from your blog!
Not fair! The first one as it is at the root of all creation…
Now here is the really good stuff:
The Rules for the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Include a link back to the blogger who gave you this award
- Grab the badge above and post the award to your blog
- Post 11 things about yourself
- Answer the questions below asked of you plus create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate 11 people that you think deserve the award and link them to your post (see below)
- Go to their pages and tell them they have been chosen – please “pay it forward, don’t pay it back”
Due-diligence has unfortunately shown that a few of the blogs up for our nomination already had their Liebster awards while others clearly had over 200 followers eliminating them from this particular award; confirmation of follower numbers was unavailable for many, so being new at all this, we offer hearty congratulations to these 11 Liebster nominees:
- Art’s Abode
- Cardinal Guzman
- Delicious Pot
- Ed Roxburgh
- Paradise has Mosquitoes
- life portOfolio
- Ohm Sweet Ohm
- Tangible Good
- The World according to Dina
So all my lovely lucky nominees, Across the Bored would love to see your answers to these 11 Across the Bored questions:
- What is the first toy you remember?
- What is your favourite animal?
- Sweet or savoury?
- What is your favourite item of clothing?
- If you could have any car (without having to pay for it, the gas, insurance, etc…) what would it be?
- Name one of your favourite books.
- Where is your favourite museum?
- Who is your favourite artist?
- What is the song you have played the most this week?
- If you could time-travel, what year would you visit (and yes, you do have a return flight)
- Would you travel into outer space?
Back to the usual by next Friday…
21 thoughts on “F is also for Friday: And now for something…. Sweet”
O my God, I thought I replied!
Sorry the mistake!
I am always in trouble when I have to decide who to appoint.
And then the prize I consider beautiful but do not retreat.
You are all very good … I love your photos, all!!
I am very honored.
There is a lot of class in your photographs … and I fall in love every time the ford.
This is my thought for you.
Thank you very much. so much emotion, feeling much you mean to me.
Not to worry. Your compliments touch me very deeply – if I can pull just one of your heart strings then I have found my reward…
Thank you for the nomination, here is my reply; http://aperture64.wordpress.com/2012/12/02/liebster-award/
Glad I could pass it along to you!
Thanks for the award! These are my answers:
1.What is the first toy you remember?
A car that my friend stole (toy car of course!)
2.What is your favourite animal?
Fish, because it’s tasty and healthy.
3.Sweet or savoury?
Asian cooking – they often combine the two.
4.What is your favourite item of clothing?
5.If you could have any car (without having to pay for it, the gas, insurance, etc…) what would it be?
I guess it must be some kind of station wagon (for practical reasons)
6.Name one of your favourite books.
The troublesome offspring of Cardinal Guzman
7.Where is your favourite museum?
Probably the Salvador Dali museum, but I’m not sure because I’ve never been there.
8.Who is your favourite artist?
I don’t know, there’s many good ones.
9.What is the song you have played the most this week?
Hebrew course on mp3 is the only thing I’ve listened to the last couple of weeks.
10. If you could time-travel, what year would you visit (and yes, you do have a return flight)
– It’s not a year, it’s more a time-period. I would have gone back to the Viking era, to learn about their navigation, music & culture.
11. Would you travel into outer space?
Yes, but not for a long period of time. It would have been enough to shoot some photos, so that I could post them in my blog.
I am amazed at how many have vivid memories of toys that were lost, stolen or given away by parents who thought their children no longer “needed” them – that must be one of the things that contributes to people being collectors…. Thanks for your answers – Vikings rock!
Congratulations! Ugh, writing those questions for other bloggers to answer is quite the task, isn’t it? Paradise Has Mosquitoes is a worthy blog indeed. I’m not familiar with the others you listed, so this list will help me discover a few more blogs. :)
Thanks – I can’t tell you how many hours it took. I’m already a bit OCD so here is a task where it kicked in! Thought I would try and pass on a few interesting blogs, the hard part is not including those I enjoy…
It has been my experience that you’ll receive some type of blog award every few weeks. To keep it interesting,it is better to keep your list small enough so that you have other blogs to pass an award onto for the next time.
I’ve checked out a few more of the blogs you listed and so far so good. :)
That’s a great idea – with this (being the first) one I felt somewhat obliged to “follow the rules” – glad you liked the blog links…
One can never grow tired watching Priscilla! :-) Congrats again on your well-deserved nomination and thank you for an entertaining post — reminds me why this process can be so enjoyable (how else would I have learned of your Ziggy Stardust phase?!) ~ Kat
Leonardo da Vinci for sure would be interested to learn, what actually is surrounding you! He would be glad to use your laptop!
He might tell me that he had already dreamt about it!
Congratulations my friend! You deserve it! :D
And thank you so much for the nomination, so sweet of you! :)
You are most welcome – it takes a bit of time to complete but it is fun!
I have it on my list! :D
I think I am feeling overwhelmed by lists right around now! Hope you don’t have too much on yours…
Thank you very much for your nomination of a Liebster Award.
I’m not sure how it works, though I checked my stats page and have just over 200 followers.
In any case, the fact you did this is very much appreciated!
You’re very welcome – this one took more time than anticipated so no need to rush… have fun!