A Word a Week Photography Challenge – Blue
You want to be free What do you do? Get yourself where The sky meets the sea
Blue on blue
A Word in your Ear’s favourite colour is inspiration for the Word A Week Photo Challenge – Blue. Follow the link for indigo inspiration…
Two Cents Tuesday Challenge: Style
Whenever one needs a reminder of exactly how things looked and sounded at any point, in say the last 75 years, all we have to do is surf through virtual reality. The closest repository of all manner of trend, fashion, vogue and design, simple searches can bring back very particular memories – whether it is the sinewy curves of a buffed e-type jag, the pout of a hollywood icon, the grandeur of a world-class opera house or a melody long-forgotten, every bit is like a prompt out of the past.
We all have ways of expressing ourselves and pretty much everything we lay hands to becomes impressed with a personal, distinctive hallmark. Across the Bored marvels at so many ways of seeing and the manner in which we put our stamp on this world and so the Two Cents Tuesday Challenge topic spotlight is on – Style.
“What is style to you?” – can it be acquired, assumed or inherent, is it old or new, the tilt of a hat, swagger in a walk or lilt in the talk, styling or stylish…
We would love to see your vision.
For all those who are new readers to Across the Bored, here are some guidelines for the challenge: HOW DOES THIS WORK?
- I will post some commentary on a random topic that pops into my head (such as the above) and then ask you to respond on the same.
- Your point of view on the current week’s challenge can take any form: a quote, a motto or saying, an essay, poem or opinion of yours or attributed to someone else, a piece of music, a song, a video, a work of art, photograph, graffiti, drawing or scribble – but it has to be about the topic!
- Please, don’t just link to an old post… challenge yourself.
- The Challenge will be open for 6 days after it is posted upon which I will post another.
- ENJOY, have FUN and TELL your friends and fellow bloggers.
SO – Create your Two Cents Tuesday Challenge post
- Then add a link to your blog in my comment box.
- To make it easy for others to check out your post, title your blog post “Two Cents Tuesday Challenge” and add the same as a tag.
- If you would like your reader to see what others are presenting for the same challenge, add a link to the “Two Cents Tuesday” challenge on your own blog.
- Feel free to pick up your badge on the Two Cents Tuesday Challenge page
- Remember to Follow My Blog to get your weekly (hopefully) reminders.
Serene amid the weeds
An especially bright morning called out for closer inspection of the garden that we had left, somewhat unhappily, at the beginning of the summer in the hands of non-horticulturists. It tends to be wild back there on the best of days, a hodge-podge run to ruins English garden that lets grow what it will. Like us, it resists attempts at too-neat order – flowering weeds sprout rampant in the smallest patches of dark earth and each season brings a new yield of blooms that seem not to have been there the year before. Huge bright green elephant ears beckoned as an ideal bed for a piece of jewellery finished in another climate. A chinese clavicle pendant of rose quartz from Studio BBG was the catalyst for this necklace; two large Murano glass beads, some pink jade, blush pearls and silver spacers add lightness and bring an element of reflectivity to the larger rose quartz rectangles. Feminine in nature, this lovely pale pink stone is said to be the crystal of love, emitting a calming and cooling energy. It gives inner peace and makes the wearer receptive to matters of the heart. Much like the garden…
Out of the Blue
Like magpies, we keep an eye open for treasure and so auctions hold the thrill of surprise for us. There is always something that we missed during viewing that sneaks its way under the hammer and into our hearts. Bidding on box lots is the big kid equivalent of cracker-jacks – you never know what the prize in the bottom may be.