The bird that would soar above the plain of tradition and prejudice
must have strong wings
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
Like Arthur Dent, circumstances beyond our control can sometimes infringe upon our routines and interrupt the flow of what we have become accustomed to calling our daily life. While the end of the year by no means compares to a Vogon constructor fleet ready to eliminate all earthly life in favour of a new galactic thoroughfare, it does hold in its last ticking minutes the promise of change. Affirmations of any kind signal the desire and courage to go forward into the future with purpose – while some pledges will be successful and others fall by the wayside, what we can ask for is to see things in a different light, view the ordinary in a new way and take into consideration that there is another side to every story.
As it is the first day of January and we have all decided upon directions for the coming year, the Two Cents Tuesday Challenge proposes a – Resolution.
“What does resolution represent to you?” – the sharp outlines and incredible detail of a macro shot, that vow made to oneself on the 31st, a settlement in St. Thomas or some awesome Mahavishnu guitar orchestrations…
We would love to see your vision.
For all those who are new readers to Across the Bored, here are some guidelines for the challenge: HOW DOES THIS WORK?
- I will post some commentary on a random topic that pops into my head (such as the above) and then ask you to respond on the same.
- Your point of view on the current week’s challenge can take any form: a quote, a motto or saying, an essay, poem or opinion of yours or attributed to someone else, a piece of music, a song, a video, a work of art, photograph, graffiti, drawing or scribble – but it has to be about the topic!
- Please, don’t just link to an old post… challenge yourself.
- The Challenge will be open for 6 days after it is posted upon which I will post another.
- ENJOY, have FUN and TELL your friends and fellow bloggers.
SO – Create your Two Cents Tuesday Challenge post
- Then add a link to your blog in my comment box.
- To make it easy for others to check out your post, title your blog post “Two Cents Tuesday Challenge” and add the same as a tag.
- If you would like your reader to see what others are presenting for the same challenge, add a link to the “Two Cents Tuesday” challenge on your own blog.
- Feel free to pick up your badge on the Two Cents Tuesday Challenge page
- Remember to Follow My Blog to get your weekly (hopefully) reminders.