Start every day off with a smile and get it over with – W.C. Fields
Many of the habits that we acquire as young adults last far longer than we expect and some of them are hard to break. We all have relatives, or know of someone, who rises before the crack of dawn and expounds on the joys of being up while even the birds are still asleep, gets so much accomplished before breakfast and wonders why we do not do the same with as much relish. They have been doing it forever and cannot seem to break the cycle. One tries to convince them that this can be changed, that there is much to be said for the pleasure of rolling over and pressing the snooze button, but to no avail.
In truth, many of us have dogs or small children, teenagers who need rousting from their comatose state, a daily commute, a shower that needs taking, bread that needs baking, a million reasons to get out of bed… In another city, another time zone, on vacation or just away, it is easier – a pleasure – to get up and out and see what the world in the wee hours has to offer: the similarities can be remarkable and the differences incredibly alien. Across the Bored has gotten accustomed to the sun rising each morning and so the Two Cents Tuesday Challenge casts first light upon – Morning.
“How does morning appear to you?” – does it creep in or blast you out of bed, is it routine or haphazard, the last of the night or the dawn of a new day, do you fortify with granola or revive with hair of the dog that bit you…
We would love to see your vision.
For all those who are new readers to Across the Bored, here are some guidelines for the challenge: HOW DOES THIS WORK?
- I will post some commentary on a random topic that pops into my head (such as the above) and then ask you to respond on the same.
- Your point of view on the current week’s challenge can take any form: a quote, a motto or saying, an essay, poem or opinion of yours or attributed to someone else, a piece of music, a song, a video, a work of art, photograph, graffiti, drawing or scribble – but it has to be about the topic!
- Please, don’t just link to an old post… challenge yourself.
- The Challenge will be open for 6 days after it is posted upon which I will post another.
- ENJOY, have FUN and TELL your friends and fellow bloggers.
SO – Create your Two Cents Tuesday Challenge post
- Then add a link to your blog in my comment box.
- To make it easy for others to check out your post, title your blog post “Two Cents Tuesday Challenge” and add the same as a tag.
- If you would like your reader to see what others are presenting for the same challenge, add a link to the “Two Cents Tuesday” challenge on your own blog.
- Feel free to pick up your badge on the Two Cents Tuesday Challenge page
- Remember to Follow My Blog to get your weekly (hopefully) reminders.