Spring can’t seem to come fast enough in this neck of the woods but our day was brightened considerably when fellow blogger Cee at Cee’s Photography nominated us for the 2 awards below. She is a prolific photographer and hosts many wonderful challenges that include a little bit of something for everyone. Have a look at her absolutely stunning botanical photos; the colours and detail are incredible. Thank you so much Cee for all your support!
And now, down to business…
Inner Peace Award
- Display the logo on a post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to his/her site.
- State seven things about you.
- Nominate fourteen other bloggers & inform them via a comment on their blog.
7 (more) Things you wouldn’t know about us until now:
- Am convinced that how-to manuals are written by people who have never seen the product
- Am horrified at the unexpected development of bingo wings. Not funny, summer’s coming…
- Feel sure that the dog just thinks I am a larger dog with opposable thumbs and a communication problem
- Have taught the Ghost and Miss Z how to forage: seems to be working, no one has starved yet…
- Have way too many shades of nail polish most of which winds up on toes as a decent manicure is impossible to maintain
- Am still trying to become a minimalist. Don’t laugh…
- Have still not formulated a decent answer for “What do you do?”
This is the part we always get stuck on: sorry, but 7 is one of our favourite numbers so that is how many
A New Day
Beyond the Brush
The Serenity Space
Zeebra Designs & Destinations
rfljenksy – Practicing Simplicity
This is not Bangkok
- Display the Award certificate on your blog.
- Write a post and link back to the blogger that nominated you.
- Inform your nominees of their award nominations
- Share three ways that you like to help other people.
- There is no limit to the number of people that you can nominate.
- HAVE FUN!!!
3 ways we like to help:
- We are huge believers in Reduce, Recycle and Reuse and, as many of you are aware from previous posts, we have been blessed with an abundance of MUCH. So much, in fact, that we periodically do triage and pass along what can be spared to our local community resource centre for their “boutique”. Items not given away to young families in need are offered at rock-bottom prices or sold at their bi-annual garage sale to raise funds for the in-house education programmes. We love this domino effect!
- When the Ghost and Miss Z were in school we volunteered our talents without reservation, now we use our blog to (hopefully) inspire a whole new audience!
- By listening carefully, biting our tongue, swallowing our words and taking a deep breath…. Sometimes you have to.
Ohm Sweet Ohm – Allan always finds an illuminating perspective to offer, whether an observation, helpful tip, interesting clip, memoir or letting us accompany him to places we could never go through his photography of the Golden Gate Bridge, he truly does “bring light to a dark world”.
As with all things, it is the thought that counts… We wish there were more hours in the day to visit so a very many, many heartfelt thanks to all those who have followed, read, liked, commented, cajoled, inspired and encouraged since we began this endeavour – this one’s for you…