ok then…. now what?
Sometimes no matter how hard we try, the unexpectedly stupid occurs. The media has made a full-time job of presenting the vapid and vacuous in such a way that we all feel much better about our own fumbles going forward. Those hard to correct, knew it as soon as we had done it (or not) instants are, thankfully and for most of us, not recorded and broadcast for all to see to see but we all get that same head-shaking reaction. From the we’re sure we checked twice and everything looked fine and dandy, no that typo wasn’t there yesterday type of realization that comes after we were busy thinking about that thing that was not what we were actually doing at that moment to those little facepalms when your conscience sits on your shoulder like some moulting vulture reminding you that yes indeed, the old saying about measuring twice and cutting once was not just idle talk.
Perhaps we we tired, had iron-poor blood, didn’t pause to reflect or work that angle into our calculations, but sh*t inevitably happens. Therein lies the beauty of restating the obvious or pointing out the absolutely-cannot believe it-incredibly idiotic. Marbles do go missing from time to time. Some days our IQ is barely above room temperature, we know full well we shouldn’t operate heavy equipment and have no choice but to act like imbeciles deserving our own Youtube channel. From politicians to baby beauty queens, airheads to talk-show hosts, paste-eaters to ivory tower theorists, everyone has made a gaffe that resulted in a laugh. No one is perfect. Sue us….
The Big 5 Challenge had their own OMG blurt about 5 minutes ago – “When was your last Duh moment?” – while reading a newspaper, watching TV, tripping over your own feet or someone else’s, silly or sad, complicated or bad, indescribably inane or just downright dense…
We would love to know when you last rolled your eyes to the heavens in exasperation.
For all those who are new readers to Across the Bored, here are some guidelines for the challenge: HOW DOES THIS WORK?
- I will post some commentary such as the above on one of the five Ws (WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN or WHY and sometimes HOW) and then ask you to respond on the same.
- Your point of view on the current week’s challenge can take any form: a reply in the comment box, in a new post with a quote, a motto or saying, an essay, poem or opinion of yours or attributed to someone else, a piece of music, a song, a video, a work of art, photograph, graffiti, drawing or scribble – but it has to be about the topic!
- Challenge yourself to dig deep for an answer.
- The Challenge will be open for 14 days (there will be a reminder post at the 7 day mark) after which I will post another.
- ENJOY, have FUN and TELL your friends and fellow bloggers.
SO – Create your Big 5 Challenge post
- Then add a link to your blog in my comment box.
- To make it easy for others to check out your post, title your blog post “The Big 5 Challenge” and add the same as a tag.
- If you would like your reader to see what others are presenting for the same challenge, add a link to the “Big 5” challenge on your own blog.
- Feel free to pick up your badge on The Big 5 Challenge page.
- Remember to Follow to get your weekly (hopefully) reminders.