do not disturb
Lack of a large enough conventional space dictated that our super-sized sectional was forced to live in the common area downstairs in front of the television: quickly commandeered by the younger generation, it feels idiotic to sit there all by our lonesome. So sadly, there is no couch for guests to park themselves on in our living room, no tufted settee for us to lounge away an idle morning or even a petite love-seat upon which to perch for afternoon tea. We are, however, the proud owners of two Alice-in-Wonderland chairs which were an unsupervised boy’s day out impulse buy of the Professor’s. Within arm’s reach of the bookcase, they are relatively comfortable but have suffered the insult of some doggy-proofing because white barbet hair and black velvet don’t mix.
Lazy Dog would tell you that they are ideal – for a snooze or a daydream, a longing look out the window or just so to keep an eye on things. They are his favourite place to chill out or curl up and when the temperature is not quite perfect in one, he hops off and hops on to the other. Yes, we did try the “no puppies on the upholstery” thing but somehow he has managed to show us that a little rest can be a good thing…
The Big 5 Challenge is curious to know – “Where do you relax?” – under a cozy duvet or at the beach, on skis or a motorcycle, in the garden or in the middle of the city, behind the wheel or in front of the pack…
We would love to know where you are the most at ease.
For all those who are new readers to Across the Bored, here are some guidelines for the challenge: HOW DOES THIS WORK?
- I will post some commentary such as the above on one of the five Ws (WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN or WHY and sometimes HOW) and then ask you to respond on the same.
- Your point of view on the current week’s challenge can take any form: a reply in the comment box, in a new post with a quote, a motto or saying, an essay, poem or opinion of yours or attributed to someone else, a piece of music, a song, a video, a work of art, photograph, graffiti, drawing or scribble – but it has to be about the topic!
- Challenge yourself to dig deep for an answer.
- The Challenge will be open for 14 days (there will be a reminder post at the 7 day mark) after which I will post another.
- ENJOY, have FUN and TELL your friends and fellow bloggers.
SO – Create your Big 5 Challenge post
- Then add a link to your blog in my comment box.
- To make it easy for others to check out your post, title your blog post “The Big 5 Challenge” and add the same as a tag.
- If you would like your reader to see what others are presenting for the same challenge, add a link to the “Big 5” challenge on your own blog.
- Feel free to pick up your badge on The Big 5 Challenge page.
- Remember to Follow to get your weekly (hopefully) reminders.
13 thoughts on “The Big 5 – Where do you relax?”
you made me smile with this fury life style artist!
He has all the angles covered!
Here’s my homework:
Thanks for your acrostic entry with a bit of a bite!
I am amused that doggie moves from one seat to the other, when the temp’s not perfect! Wish I could remember to think like that…
I just groan and shift…
Groaning and shifting, yep that’s me too.
I just love the super relaxed pose of Lazy Dog! I can really relax with a great movie in bed !
He does know how to do it! Bed is way better than a stiff couch for movies…