7 thoughts on “Fortune Cookie 30

1. Caddo says:

Gotta disagree with this one–my kindred spirit brother, Vincent VG, did not find such a welcome; rather, was crushed by the ignorant and oblivious world around him.

• ideflex says:

I’ll have to admit that I snorted when I pulled this one (for it is by random selection from a huge bag of fortunes collected over many, many years) – I too have known many brilliant and talented individuals who just couldn’t find a break and suffered in obscurity; not sure whether this digital age is not making this even worse when so many around us seem to be lauded for doing not a whole lot…

• Caddo says:

Yeah, it’s kind of a mixed blessing, this Internet fame–everybody can have a taste of it, so it’s hard to measure whether you’re really any good, or just have lonely fans who’ll tell you whatever they think will make you happy. Oh gee, that sounded cynical….well, I can’t be a paragon of faith and virtue every single minute.

• ideflex says:

I like to think that the readers who get it are the cream of the crop – then again I often wonder why follow if they won’t like or at least comment once in a while… I’ve resigned myself to doing what I have to just to stay sane!

• Caddo says:

I think you and I have batted this around previously–the cream of the crop are a huge blessing, and I remain dedicated to either commenting and “being present”–or clicking the unfollow if I’ve lost interest. When my time runs out, I hope I’m in the middle of telling someone I appreciate them–they won’t be empty words, I promise you.

• ideflex says:

I just went through my list of blogs I follow and realized that some of the ones I used to enjoy so much haven’t posted in a very long time… as they say, life gets in the way!

Please leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s