over 20 ounces of delicious goodness
When Across the Bored et alia downsized a few years ago we didn’t think that reducing our physical living quarters was a problem – in fact it wasn’t, for we were lucky enough to be able to warehouse all the stuff of life that had been collected and wasn’t immediately useful or absolutely necessary. That should have been a red flag to just deal with it right away…
Today, when our extended family is swelling and we all seem to take up more than our fair share of square footage, our concerns run to how to juggle (or at worst rearrange) what is gobbling up airspace and ideally get rid of some of it so that we can all breathe a little easier. No easy feat. The thoughts and ideas of large personalities seem to fill the very atmosphere leaving little room for much else.
Every day we are reminded of the proportions and volume of things – from the ways it affects us physically in our health and diets, to how the questionable amount of possessions we encumber ourselves with can sometimes weigh heavily, to the length and breadth of the places we visit, the scope and scale of the projects we work on and the magnitude of the concepts we share.
The Two Cents Tuesday Challenge posits that, contrary to what we have all been told – Size – actually does matter.
Everything is relative – “What does size mean in your world?” – Big cats or little hats, too tight rants or too loose pants, babies in arms with teeny toes, the aristocratic line of a Roman nose, change enough to fill the sky or small wonders that make you sigh …
We would love to see your vision.
For all those who are new readers to Across the Bored, here are some guidelines for the challenge: HOW DOES THIS WORK?
- I will post some commentary on a random topic that pops into my head (such as the above) and then ask you to respond on the same.
- Your point of view on the current week’s challenge can take any form: a quote, a motto or saying, an essay, poem or opinion of yours or attributed to someone else, a piece of music, a song, a video, a work of art, photograph, graffiti, drawing or scribble – but it has to be about the topic!
- Please, don’t just link to an old post… challenge yourself.
- The Challenge will be open for 14 days (there will be a reminder post at the 7 day mark) after which I will post another.
- ENJOY, have FUN and TELL your friends and fellow bloggers.
SO – Create your Two Cents Tuesday Challenge post
- Then add a link to your blog in my comment box.
- To make it easy for others to check out your post, title your blog post “Two Cents Tuesday Challenge” and add the same as a tag.
- If you would like your reader to see what others are presenting for the same challenge, add a link to the “Two Cents Tuesday” challenge on your own blog.
- Feel free to pick up your badge on the Two Cents Tuesday Challenge page
- Remember to Follow My Blog to get your weekly (hopefully) reminders.
28 thoughts on “Two Cents Tuesday Challenge: Size”
Here’s my entry for this week’s challenge! :) Can’t wait to see all the other great submissions!
Here is my entry for this week’s challenge: http://wp.me/p24idL-1H3
Imagine if you had had a set of Lincoln Logs… Thanks for your entry!
I had a set of Lincoln Logs, but preferred the Erector Set.
When I worked in Colorado I rewired an addition on a Log Cabin and it was just too much wood for me – like living in a tree.
A really glossy tree with no bark!
I felt like a termite by the end of the day being inside all that wood.
I’m excited by your:
“Big cats or little hats,
too tight rants or too loose pants,
babies in arms with teeny toes,
the aristocratic line of a Roman nose,
change enough to fill the sky or
small wonders that make you sigh …”
Thanks! Something for everyone…
Love the notes about “large personalities” and “too loose pants” (a top rant on my list). Hope you’re having a blessed Tuesday!
Thanks – I had plans that I never got to realizing that I was late catching up on things I should have done earlier!
Oh dear–don’t forget to breathe now and then, eh?
I got claustrophobia in my garage and had to be resuscitated with chocolate…
Excellent remedy–I hear the bag of choc chips calling me….
We’re waiting – let us out of the bag…
Actually, I just printed out a bunch of recipes–I’m thinking about making a pumpkin-banana-choc cake for Thursday’s party. You’ll be there, right?
With bells on!
Now this is perhaps the BIGGEST entry of them all – thanks for taking the time to send us some inspiration!
Well, the pulpit was free so Preacher Caddo just grabbed it!
Love the mug and enjoyed your commentary. We just returned from 5 weeks in a 17 ft. trailer and are going out this afternoon to look at ones a little bigger. It got trying when only one of us could move at the same time. Here is another perspective on size.
Everyone needs a little wiggle room! Thanks for your entry.