just can’t help it
Just when we think that we are Masters of our own Universes, Chaos reminds us that such a thing is not truly possible. This time last week we were feeling militant about how we were going to proceed on a variety of fronts and now, 7 surprisingly fast days later, some campaigns were successful and some, well, not so much.
On a bit of a slow-down as far as blog-related endeavours were concerned, more out of suffering from a creative drought than anything else, our meanderings did lead us to an interesting post over at Flickr Comments – Make your tagxedo – in which he provides a link to a nifty site where one can create custom tag clouds. Certainly a good way to pass a few minutes (or hours depending on how obsessive one is) and design a block of text that truly reflects either a specific blog post, archive or just a group of meaningful words, it makes text fun. Why not pay a visit to Tagxedo and whip something up for this week’s challenge?A few of our own experiments yielded radically different results, much like what happens whenever we sit down at the keyboard…
Playing with the tagxedo was the first step in reminding ourselves why we are actually here in the first place – to share a vision through images and the language they engender and vice versa, to see what and how our friends and acquaintances are writing about, how they are documenting their bit of the world for all to see and in the end, communicate. A visit to our friend Cee to check out her gorgeous photography was the capper to getting Tuesday’s posts back onto some sort of regular schedule. She also participates in and runs many challenges and mentioned that WordPress has a new feature – Blog Event Listings – for those of us who just can’t get enough of a good thing. How could we resist?
The Two Cents Tuesday Challenge was lured back in and had no choice but to put it all into – Words.
The floodgates are now open – “How do words manifest for you?” – Are they printed on the page, all the rage, do they make a song or string you along, in a magazine, newspaper, novel or monitor, on the wall or as a sign, manuals long or fonts fine …
We would love to see your vision.
For all those who are new readers to Across the Bored, here are some guidelines for the challenge: HOW DOES THIS WORK?
- I will post some commentary on a random topic that pops into my head (such as the above) and then ask you to respond on the same.
- Your point of view on the current week’s challenge can take any form: a quote, a motto or saying, an essay, poem or opinion of yours or attributed to someone else, a piece of music, a song, a video, a work of art, photograph, graffiti, drawing or scribble – but it has to be about the topic!
- Please, don’t just link to an old post… challenge yourself.
- The Challenge will be open for 14 days (there will be a reminder post at the 7 day mark) after which I will post another.
- ENJOY, have FUN and TELL your friends and fellow bloggers.
SO – Create your Two Cents Tuesday Challenge post
- Then add a link to your blog in my comment box.
- To make it easy for others to check out your post, title your blog post “Two Cents Tuesday Challenge” and add the same as a tag.
- If you would like your reader to see what others are presenting for the same challenge, add a link to the “Two Cents Tuesday” challenge on your own blog.
- Feel free to pick up your badge on the Two Cents Tuesday Challenge page
- Remember to Follow My Blog to get your weekly (hopefully) reminders.
26 thoughts on “Two Cents Tuesday Challenge: Words”
I love your collage!!!!
Here is my entry for this week!
Thank you – it was interesting to see what kind of results different urls generated. Thanks for your entry – where would we be without these signs!
Hey there this was a hard one to think through. Thank you for the challenge. http://wp.me/p39vIx-Lt
My pleasure – thank you for a well-crafted and thought-provoking entry!
Here’s my entry for your challenge. I found it a really creatively stimulating one to take part in. Thanks for the opportunity. http://artifactsandfictions.wordpress.com/2013/09/13/words-words-words/
Thank you so much for your entry – it combines much of what we are hoping for: words, art, perspective and opinion!
Very cool idea thanks for sharing :)
Have fun and post your fave in the comments box – would love to see it!
I really liked this challenge and hope you still feel inspired to continue hosting it. I’m really glad I found it!
I will do my best – letting it drop would be a bit like letting down a friend… Hope to see you in the next challenge!
Well, how ’bout that….
That’s one way of putting it!
Are you open to requests for help re tagxedo? I’m kinda stuck.
Say what? Certainly willing to help you out with anything you need – let me know… Thanks for your entry!
Thanks dear heart–I’ll get back to you, I’m late for church!
Here is my entry for this week’s challenge: http://wp.me/p24idL-1FG
Words and Music! Thanks for your entry.
I’m happy, that the tagxedo online tool inspired you!
There is always something interesting to think about on your blog! I like the fact that it kickstarts my brain when I need it the most…