back in the saddle
At the end of June, the summer always stretches before us long and languid. The first weeks of July chafe with the heat of expectancy, vacations and moving days, summer camps and road trips all tumbling into each other as fast as can be and by the middle of August we spend the last few mild evenings either happily reflecting on vacation time well spent or wondering whether we might have gotten more on the to-do list accomplished while good weather permitted.
Back from the West coast, our garden is lush but weed-ridden and, if dust is any indication, household items have not moved an inch from where we left them. No matter – the soft light of September beckons, the air smells different, less green while awaiting the harvest and we have a new set of projects, ideas and motivations to carry forward into the winter. We try to ease back into the habitual slowly, soaking up the sun on the patio and lingering along the not-yet frantic city streets but underneath it all, and oddly enough this season, we don’t mind that it is over.
The Two Cents Tuesday Challenge puts forth that, as much as wishes for the golden spontaneity of summer are great, on a year-long time frame things would probably fall apart without our – Routine.
“How does routine appear to you?” – The drive to town every morn, that pair of shoes always worn, wake-up calls or favourite malls, superb meals or special deals, meditation, daily prayer, yoga mats or just a love of all that …
We would love to see your vision.
For all those who are new readers to Across the Bored, here are some guidelines for the challenge: HOW DOES THIS WORK?
- I will post some commentary on a random topic that pops into my head (such as the above) and then ask you to respond on the same.
- Your point of view on the current week’s challenge can take any form: a quote, a motto or saying, an essay, poem or opinion of yours or attributed to someone else, a piece of music, a song, a video, a work of art, photograph, graffiti, drawing or scribble – but it has to be about the topic!
- Please, don’t just link to an old post… challenge yourself.
- The Challenge will be open for 14 days (there will be a reminder post at the 7 day mark) after which I will post another.
- ENJOY, have FUN and TELL your friends and fellow bloggers.
SO – Create your Two Cents Tuesday Challenge post
- Then add a link to your blog in my comment box.
- To make it easy for others to check out your post, title your blog post “Two Cents Tuesday Challenge” and add the same as a tag.
- If you would like your reader to see what others are presenting for the same challenge, add a link to the “Two Cents Tuesday” challenge on your own blog.
- Feel free to pick up your badge on the Two Cents Tuesday Challenge page
- Remember to Follow My Blog to get your weekly (hopefully) reminders.