into the mystic
There are certain locales on earth that have a special something, be it the freshness of the air, the glorious colour of the fields or the crisp coolness of the forest. Sometimes, they can be found in the lovely rooms of a tranquil hotel, the galleries of a museum, on a piece of driftwood by the sea or even on one’s favourite chair in the garden. These destinations appeal to an inner sensibility that longs for quiet away from the hustle and bustle of our daily lives.
Summer seems to be the perfect time to find that little bit of respite – whether it is a conventional vacation filled with kids and dogs, relatives and friends or in the serenity of a solitary retreat, ten days or one, it is in these times and places that all the data that invades our very being gets subconsciously sorted and stowed to be retrieved when our days get back to their routine. The Two Cents Tuesday Challenge asserts that everyone needs to find that moment to take a breath, to restore the balance that nourishes, to be – Calm.
“What does calm look like to you?” – A placid lake or crystal snowflake, curled up cats, meditation mats, denim blues or an afternoon snooze…
We would love to see your vision.
For all those who are new readers to Across the Bored, here are some guidelines for the challenge: HOW DOES THIS WORK?
- I will post some commentary on a random topic that pops into my head (such as the above) and then ask you to respond on the same.
- Your point of view on the current week’s challenge can take any form: a quote, a motto or saying, an essay, poem or opinion of yours or attributed to someone else, a piece of music, a song, a video, a work of art, photograph, graffiti, drawing or scribble – but it has to be about the topic!
- Please, don’t just link to an old post… challenge yourself.
- The Challenge will be open for 14 days (there will be a reminder post at the 7 day mark) after which I will post another.
- ENJOY, have FUN and TELL your friends and fellow bloggers.
SO – Create your Two Cents Tuesday Challenge post
- Then add a link to your blog in my comment box.
- To make it easy for others to check out your post, title your blog post “Two Cents Tuesday Challenge” and add the same as a tag.
- If you would like your reader to see what others are presenting for the same challenge, add a link to the “Two Cents Tuesday” challenge on your own blog.
- Feel free to pick up your badge on the Two Cents Tuesday Challenge page
- Remember to Follow My Blog to get your weekly (hopefully) reminders.