about 18 cents worth
While most people see the winter solstice as the end of the year, with January ringing in a new and glorious reprieve from old bad habits, in our house it is June that is counted as year-end. The end of school, the end of those fall through spring routines, the time to wrap up business before the hazy days of summer cast their spell and make even the simplest tasks an Atlantean chore. July means the days are in flux and we try for a time where there are no set plans to see what comes to us instead. A whole chunk of life now recedes like flotsam carried by waves at the shore – recent events have inspired change, necessitating some adjustment in the way we all think and react. They have instigated various bouts of reflection, some poignant, some maudlin, some downright silly.
With that in mind, and as Across the Bored is easing its way slowly back into the blogosphere with a rather annoying case of monitor neck (related only in degree of pain to tennis elbow and carpal tunnel), something fast and easy (for us) was decidedly in order for this week’s offering. The Two Cents Tuesday Challenge feels it is time for a retrospective, scroll through the archives by clicking on this link, the image widget in the sidebar or on one of the topics below and pick something, anything – It’s up to You.
“Which theme appeals to you?”
Toys Clean Bold Random Heritage Special Happy Gifts Graffiti Brilliant Funny Habit Resolution Relax Sweet Illumination Decoration Morning Style Home Pressure Temptation Manipulation Compromise Procrastination
We would love to see your vision.
For all those who are new readers to Across the Bored, here are some guidelines for the challenge: HOW DOES THIS WORK?
- I will post some commentary on a random topic that pops into my head (such as the above) and then ask you to respond on the same.
- Your point of view on the current week’s challenge can take any form: a quote, a motto or saying, an essay, poem or opinion of yours or attributed to someone else, a piece of music, a song, a video, a work of art, photograph, graffiti, drawing or scribble – but it has to be about the topic!
- Please, don’t just link to an old post… challenge yourself.
- The Challenge will be open for 14 days (there will be a reminder post at the 7 day mark) after which I will post another.
- ENJOY, have FUN and TELL your friends and fellow bloggers.
SO – Create your Two Cents Tuesday Challenge post
- Then add a link to your blog in my comment box.
- To make it easy for others to check out your post, title your blog post “Two Cents Tuesday Challenge” and add the same as a tag.
- If you would like your reader to see what others are presenting for the same challenge, add a link to the “Two Cents Tuesday” challenge on your own blog.
- Feel free to pick up your badge on the Two Cents Tuesday Challenge page
- Remember to Follow My Blog to get your weekly (hopefully) reminders.