Scrapydo and her adorable dog Trompie sent us a lovely bouquet of 3 Awards! What a lovely Spring surprise to brighten our day and remind us how thankful (and honoured) we should be that yes, we have made a connection with other bloggers who read, benefit in some small way, hopefully laugh and even shake their heads in disbelief at our posts, pictures and postulations! So here they are, in no particular order….
The Versatile Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award – of course!
- Include a link to their blog – done!
- Select and nominate for the Versatile Blogger Award 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly – see below
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you (and the rest of the world) 7 things about yourself – this is always challenging…
Next up, one we are unfamiliar with:
Awarding the people who live in the moment
The noble who write and capture the best in life
The bold who reminded us what really mattered
Savoring the experience of quality time
A lovely thought to carry forward and The Best Moment Award Rules are quite simple:
- Re-post the badge and acknowledgement completely with an acceptance speech (either a video or written post) – done!
- Pass the award on to 15 other bloggers worthy of the award – these will be the same 15 as the VBA
- Notify them of the great news -the wonders of the link never cease to amaze…
And last but not least:
The Sunshine Award Rules:
- Include the award logo in your post or on your blog – of course!
- Answer 10 questions about yourself (use the ones below or make up your own) – we will fudge this one a bit
- Nominate 10 other wonderful bloggers – same as above
- Let the other nominees know they are nominated and include links to their blog – done!
- Link the person who nominated you – Scrapydo
As these awards were received as a bouquet it seems appropriate that the rules get bundled into a neat little package as well. Below are 7 fun facts about us, 12 questions answered and 15 blogs Across the Bored is nominating for this wonderful trio:
7 things very few people know about Across the Bored:
- We have shredded enough old, unneeded tax receipts in the last week to fill 6 garbage bags and are still not finished
- We had a Learner’s Driving Permit for 17 years, don’t ask….
- Members of the family think it is hilarious to challenge our organizational skills on a daily basis… not funny
- Given the choice between buying new pants or new shoes, footwear wins every time
- We can remember where and when 99% of the things we own were acquired, people’s names not so much…
- We still make the Ghost and Miss Z’s lunch even though they are old enough to do it themselves – this way we know what they are eating and we are up early anyways…
- We have been accused of being a hipster though judging from appearances one would never guess it
A mix of 12 questions culled from different Sunshine Award sources:
- What is your favourite Colour – Turquoise
- What is your favourite Animal – one that doesn’t make a mess in the house or bite
- What is your favourite Number – 42
- What is your favourite Drink – almost every flavour of David’s Tea hot or cold
- What is your favourite Flower – Iris
- What is your favourite Day – any day that is a good one
- Who is your favourite Philosopher – Harpo Marx
- What was your favorite vacation – Maui
- What is your favourite physical activity – getting out of bed in the morning rested
- What is your Passion – Art
- Facebook or Twitter – due to copyright infringement the answer is “no comment”
- Giving or getting presents – both!
The bouquet of Awards goes out to:
this man’s journey
under the skies of arkansas
the bookshelf gargoyle
West Seventh Freelance
The Day After
Richard Sugden Photography
For the many blogs who (understandably) don’t accept accolades although they certainly deserve them, follow, read our posts and leave great comments, we send out an Across the Bored Virtual Award – Thank you everyone!