each stitch a moment in time
If you swung a cat in our house chances are that we could tell you exactly when and where each object its talons grazed came from. Some might call it an obsession but at one point everything that came through the front door, relatives and Miss Z’s friends excluded, was carefully curated with a specific idea of how it would fit into the overall scheme of things. Times change and the need for things material seems to become less important as our attention shifts to subjects more ethereal. That and the fact that we have become loaded down with the left-overs from our ancestors that are in dire need of a physical, if not emotional, house-cleaning and purging. Some people are able to part with their stuff with ease, have a garage sale, throw it in the bin and walk away with nary a thought otherwise. For us this is an impossibility for every thing carries with it a memory, is imbued with some sort of karmic energy that will float along to the next carefully chosen owner. Well, the good stuff at least – we’re not talking tupperware and mismatched socks here. Some pieces can never be parted with, no matter how small and inconsequential, how valuable, how old or how silly, for they have that unique quality that brings back an occasion and place, a brief bubble where the air vibrates, our nostrils fill with scent and we remember….
The Two Cents Tuesday Challenge guarantees that everyone has one thing that is – Special.
“What is special for you?” – The photo of that sandy beach, the sweet faces of those you teach, an amulet or well-worn hat, silver spoon or ancient cat, the strains on a guitar or a night under the stars…
We would love to see your vision.
For all those who are new readers to Across the Bored, here are some guidelines for the challenge: HOW DOES THIS WORK?
- I will post some commentary on a random topic that pops into my head (such as the above) and then ask you to respond on the same.
- Your point of view on the current week’s challenge can take any form: a quote, a motto or saying, an essay, poem or opinion of yours or attributed to someone else, a piece of music, a song, a video, a work of art, photograph, graffiti, drawing or scribble – but it has to be about the topic!
- Please, don’t just link to an old post… challenge yourself.
- The Challenge will be open for 14 days (there will be a reminder post at the 7 day mark) after which I will post another.
- ENJOY, have FUN and TELL your friends and fellow bloggers.
SO – Create your Two Cents Tuesday Challenge post
- Then add a link to your blog in my comment box.
- To make it easy for others to check out your post, title your blog post “Two Cents Tuesday Challenge” and add the same as a tag.
- If you would like your reader to see what others are presenting for the same challenge, add a link to the “Two Cents Tuesday” challenge on your own blog.
- Feel free to pick up your badge on the Two Cents Tuesday Challenge page
- Remember to Follow My Blog to get your weekly (hopefully) reminders.
11 thoughts on “Two Cents Tuesday Challenge: Special”
Everyone should be this lucky! Thanks for the entry.
Loved this. Here are my thought for this Two cents Tuesday http://josephelonlillie.com/2013/04/10/two-cents-tuesday-challenge-special/
A lovely and poetic entry!