any reason to be glad is a good one
The sun finally came out today and the heat seeping in through the windows promised a spring not long to follow. Although the snow is still in great mounds throughout the city, people have that glint in their eyes that tells how relieved they are to have made it relatively intact through another long winter. They smile and strike up conversations with strangers more easily than in the dull days of January when everyone would look away and force themselves to make only the required contact. Urban nature is a little louder than yesterday, more vibrant – the cardinal calls to his mate and the squirrels chitter arrogantly at the dogs nosing around their territory. Even the postman has a bounce in his gait despite his heavy burden of bills, flyers and subscriptions.
There was something in the mail for Miss Z this afternoon – the thick envelope from one of the best colleges in our city. Thanks to the wonders of technology her acceptance was already a fact but the very tangible proof she could hold in her hands, the evidence she could wave in the faces of all those teenage detractors, was the perfect way to end her day. Lo, like a cheshire cat our court does grin at such good news and so the Two Cents Tuesday Challenge can’t be anything but – Happy.
“How does happy look to you?” – Your mum’s mug or hole the dog dug, friends gathered round, a night on the town, a yellow sunflower or a rainbow after a shower, a pair of shoes or a new tattoo …
We would love to see your vision.
For all those who are new readers to Across the Bored, here are some guidelines for the challenge: HOW DOES THIS WORK?
- I will post some commentary on a random topic that pops into my head (such as the above) and then ask you to respond on the same.
- Your point of view on the current week’s challenge can take any form: a quote, a motto or saying, an essay, poem or opinion of yours or attributed to someone else, a piece of music, a song, a video, a work of art, photograph, graffiti, drawing or scribble – but it has to be about the topic!
- Please, don’t just link to an old post… challenge yourself.
- The Challenge will be open for 14 days (there will be a reminder post at the 7 day mark) after which I will post another.
- ENJOY, have FUN and TELL your friends and fellow bloggers.
SO – Create your Two Cents Tuesday Challenge post
- Then add a link to your blog in my comment box.
- To make it easy for others to check out your post, title your blog post “Two Cents Tuesday Challenge” and add the same as a tag.
- If you would like your reader to see what others are presenting for the same challenge, add a link to the “Two Cents Tuesday” challenge on your own blog.
- Feel free to pick up your badge on the Two Cents Tuesday Challenge page
- Remember to Follow My Blog to get your weekly (hopefully) reminders.