Some of us know a good thing when we see it and don’t hesitate to ask too many serious life questions upon their presentation. So it should be, in moderation of course, for at this time of year the temptation to partake in just one more small minty bonbon, to slide into a new pair of dancing shoes or max out the credit cards on that porsche you’ve always wanted to see sitting in the driveway, can be truly overwhelming.
December is the month for making a special effort to find or make those things which give others (hopefully) a modicum of pleasure within the parade of holidays from Ashura and Bodhi Day, Hanukkah, Christmas and Kwanzaa through to New Years. Strains of melodies ingrained from childhood, air redolent with ginger and spice, the simple acts of kindness one sometimes unexpectedly encounters – these are the things which restore our faith in humanity and remind us why we go to so much effort to do them in the first place. Across the Bored knows that more than a few of you have a little something on your lists that may fit this bill and so the Two Cents Tuesday Challenge whets its appetite for – Sweet.
“How does sweet appeal to you?” – as a little sugar coated nibbly confection or a baby’s smile, that steely Harley or the never-ending reply from a Dude, glam rock band or pioneer of phonetics…
We would love to see your vision.
This week’s challenge would like to thank GertyGiggles at Paradise has Mosquitoes for proving that we are not alone in our indulgences.
For all those who are new readers to Across the Bored, here are some guidelines for the challenge: HOW DOES THIS WORK?
- I will post some commentary on a random topic that pops into my head (such as the above) and then ask you to respond on the same.
- Your point of view on the current week’s challenge can take any form: a quote, a motto or saying, an essay, poem or opinion of yours or attributed to someone else, a piece of music, a song, a video, a work of art, photograph, graffiti, drawing or scribble – but it has to be about the topic!
- Please, don’t just link to an old post… challenge yourself.
- The Challenge will be open for 6 days after it is posted upon which I will post another.
- ENJOY, have FUN and TELL your friends and fellow bloggers.
SO – Create your Two Cents Tuesday Challenge post
- Then add a link to your blog in my comment box.
- To make it easy for others to check out your post, title your blog post “Two Cents Tuesday Challenge” and add the same as a tag.
- If you would like your reader to see what others are presenting for the same challenge, add a link to the “Two Cents Tuesday” challenge on your own blog.
- Feel free to pick up your badge on the Two Cents Tuesday Challenge page
- Remember to Follow My Blog to get your weekly (hopefully) reminders.
11 thoughts on “Two Cents Tuesday Challenge: Sweet”
Here ya go!! Sweets to the sweet, as someone said…
Delicious to the end – Thanks for your entry!
Here is my entry this week: http://ohmsweetohmdotme.wordpress.com/2012/12/18/two-cents-tuesday-challenge-sweet/
So evocative – thanks for your entry!
Love it!!! http://westseventhfreelance.wordpress.com/2012/12/18/two-cents-tuesday-sweet/
Would love to sink my teeth into your entry!