Hurricane Sandy has howled inland, blowing away the last of autumn and leaving no doubt that the first flakes of snow will soon follow. We can smell the change in the air, see by the height of the sun and know by the cravings for winter foods that November is but days away. The season that encompasses Halloween, the December Holidays and New Year’s can be one where we get carried away, so this week’s Two Cents Tuesday Challenge topic – Temptation – is timely.
The first entry that appears when the word is googled is:
Noun: A desire to do something, esp. something wrong or unwise: “he resisted the temptation to call Celia”; “we gave in to temptation”
(or “the temptation to chew on the USB key was too much for the dog…)
A thing or course of action that attracts or tempts someone: “the temptations of life in New York”
(or “the temptation to redecorate the house while Jack was away left Jill with no choice…)
One imagines that the writers of dictionaries were a cranky lot who didn’t really have much fun in life. Whether we are enticed, influenced, allured or seduced by a person or an idea; when we have an inclination or an impulse to do or achieve some thing; when the thing itself is so appealing that we are left breathless with desire, is this really so terrible? It sometimes has beautiful results. Or not…
So, “How does temptation appear to you?”
We would love to see your vision.
For all those who are new readers to Across the Bored, here are some guidelines for the challenge:
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
- I will post some commentary on a random topic that pops into my head (such as the above) and then ask you to respond on the same.
- Your point of view on the current week’s challenge can take any form: a quote, a motto or saying, an essay, poem or post by you or attributed to someone else, a work of art, photograph, graffiti, drawing or scribble.
- The Challenge will be open for 6 days after it is posted upon which I will post another challenge.
- ENJOY, have FUN and TELL your friends and fellow bloggers.
SO – Create your Two Cents Tuesday Challenge post
- Then add a link to your blog in my comment box.
- To make it easy for others to check out your post, title your blog post “Two Cents Tuesday Challenge” and add the same as a tag.
- If you would like your reader to see what others are presenting for the same challenge, add a link to the “Two Cents Tuesday” challenge on Across the Bored’s blog.
- Remember to Follow My Blog to get your weekly (hopefully) reminders.
6 thoughts on “Two Cents Tuesday Challenge: Temptation”
Here is my entry:
Thanks for your entry – spread the word!