Oh dear. Now I shall have to create more Martians.
Marvin the Martian, Hare-way to the Stars
When we were kids the television got 3 channels when we were lucky and had adjusted the rabbit ears just so - on the odd Saturday morning when the weather was clear and we had added little wads of tinfoil to the ends of the antenna we might pick up a station in the US getting a full 4 hours of cartoon heaven before being pulled away to more constructive pursuits like cleaning our rooms or doing the homework we had tried to bury in the bottom of our schoolbags. Memorizing the provincial capitals wasn’t half as easy as the words to “This Is It”, the theme song of The Bugs Bunny Show and we would pretend to be Bugs and Daffy strolling across our living room stage with no one but a disinterested cat for an audience. Rolling around on the carpet howling like idiots wasn’t unusual because Chuck Jones and Friz Freleng knew just what look, what line would get the loudest laugh but it was only many years later when our own rugrats were doing the same that some of the jokes Elmer made and the subtlety of Sam Sheepdog came to be fully appreciated.
Humour is relative – no matter what culture you are from, whether you are old or young, serious or silly, the Two Cents Tuesday Challenge absolutely knows that there is something out there that you find – Funny.
“What is funny for you?” – A silly hat or floppy cat, Carlin, Cheech and Chong or chonga, mindless memes, youtube yahoos or sweet baboos …
We would love to see your vision.
For all those who are new readers to Across the Bored, here are some guidelines for the challenge: HOW DOES THIS WORK?
- I will post some commentary on a random topic that pops into my head (such as the above) and then ask you to respond on the same.
- Your point of view on the current week’s challenge can take any form: a quote, a motto or saying, an essay, poem or opinion of yours or attributed to someone else, a piece of music, a song, a video, a work of art, photograph, graffiti, drawing or scribble – but it has to be about the topic!
- Please, don’t just link to an old post… challenge yourself.
- The Challenge will be open for 14 days (there will be a reminder post at the 7 day mark) after which I will post another.
- ENJOY, have FUN and TELL your friends and fellow bloggers.
SO – Create your Two Cents Tuesday Challenge post
- Then add a link to your blog in my comment box.
- To make it easy for others to check out your post, title your blog post “Two Cents Tuesday Challenge” and add the same as a tag.
- If you would like your reader to see what others are presenting for the same challenge, add a link to the “Two Cents Tuesday” challenge on your own blog.
- Feel free to pick up your badge on the Two Cents Tuesday Challenge page
- Remember to Follow My Blog to get your weekly (hopefully) reminders.